Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Spoils from Italy

My friend Julia just came back from a trip to Europe, and she brought me back some really special pasta and olive oil from Italy.  The olive oil is infused with all sorts of things, including bay leaves, chilis, and rosemary.  And the pasta is called trofie, which I don't think I've ever had.



The first thing I did with this booty was use it with a bunch of CSA veggies to make the pasta dish below.  Sometimes it seems to me that the better your ingredients are, the simpler your recipes are and should be.


Farmers Market Vegetables with Pasta

Ingredients
pasta
water
salt
*
oil
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
3 zucchini or other summer squash, large cubey slices
*
cherry tomatoes, halved
fresh basil, chopped
fresh parsley, chopped
chickpeas, walnuts, etc. (I mixed in some chickpeas after taking the photo)
olive oil
salt
red pepper flakes

Instructions
Prepare pasta according to directions.  Saute garlic and squash in oil and then set aside.  Combine everything.  Serve hot or cold.

No comments: