Thursday, March 5, 2015

Spicy Oven-Roasted Okra

At this point I'll admit that I'm a total goner for okra. How can you be so simple, so interesting, so satisfying all at once, okra??

This recipe for spicy oven-roasted okra couldn't be easier, and it's so good. Both times I've made it, I've ended up eating all of it as soon as it's out of the oven. I used cornmeal rather than millet flour, cut back the salt, but not too much else was changed.

Also want: fried okra with black lentils and spices.




Spicy Oven-Roasted Okra
(from the fitchen)

Ingredients
1/2 lb okra (stems removed and sliced into halves)
1 jalapenos (sliced thinly)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. chipotle pepper (I used smoked paprika)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2 TB cornmeal

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 450ยบ.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Wash and prepare okra and jalapenos as directed above.
4. In a large bowl combine chili powder, chipotle pepper, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and cornmeal.
5. Add okra and jalapenos and toss until coated with seasoning.
6. Place on parchment lined pan and bake for 17-20 minutes.

1 comment:

Devon said...

Wow this sounds amazing!