Saturday, December 21, 2013

Greens-Ginger-Miso Soup

I made this recipe after visiting Sina at his garden and coming home with an absurd amount of greens.

First, I made this delicious quinoa caesar salad from the ppk with all the lettuces.

Then, with all the greens (mostly collards), I made this unusual soup.

I think that with kale and spinach this would have been less of an issue, but blending the ingredients raw and then heating them meant that the soup never lost that raw, bitter taste. If I did this again I might sautee the greens first, or, at the very least, cook the soup much longer. I did like the combination of seasonings--mustard, ginger, miso, and a touch of maple syrup.

I ate this with white basmati rice (cooked with cumin, mustard, and fennel seeds, and turmeric) and with eggplant methi.


Greens-Ginger-Miso Soup
(adapted from vegan richa)

No comments: