Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lemon-Honey-Ginger Kale

 Here is a kale recipe.  It's adapted from 3 Bowls.  You can always have more kale recipes...  The flavors could be as intense or as subtle as you want them to be; I didn't measure anything.  I don't usually add any kind of sugar to my vegetables (though brown sugar on carrots was a staple when I was growing up--yum--I should do that), so the honey in this recipe was a nice little change.

Lemon-Honey-Ginger Kale
(adapted from 3 Bowls)

Ingredients
canola oil
ginger
honey
juice of 1/2 lemon
kale, washed, de-stemmed, and chopped
salt and pepper

Instructions
In a skillet, fry the ginger in the oil.  Turn off the heat, add in the honey and lemon juice, and mix well.  Set aside.
Steam the kale separately, then toss with the ginger mixture.  Season with salt and pepper.

No comments: