Monday, July 9, 2012

Catching Up

I'm still cooking plenty, but recently I've been going for what's fast and reliable--i.e., things I've already blogged about.  Here are a few snapshots.

Marinated veggies recently blogged about went well with pasta, pesto, and sauteed kale.


Found this leafy green at the supermarket and can't figure out what it is... smooth leaves, like arugula, but larger and more bitter-- awesome, but I couldn't figure out what to do with it....


I've been rocking the tofu scrambles recently... turns out that Trader Joe's soyrizo is a great addition to them.


And finally: a long while ago I made the hot dogs from my vegan cookbook.  The flavor was spot on, but the texture was too soft and gummy.  Then again, I'm pretty unskilled when it comes to wheat gluten, so I'm willing to bet that I messed something up.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The leafy thing looks like dandelion greens.

Julia said...

Thanks! It was similar, but the leaves were broader and less pointy than I've seen on dandelion greens. And the flavor was peppery as well as the bitter you'd find with dandelion greens.

Deb said...

I have been wanting to try out a vegan hot dog/wurst recipe for a while and I found this one: http://seitanismymotor.com/2010/03/vegane-currywurst/ This is a great blog and this one seems relatively easy!

Plus, who doesn't like vegan German food?

Julia said...

Thanks Deb! I'll give these a try.

Len said...

Julia,

I just found your great blog. Thanks for all your efforts and taking the time to post your recipes.