I used more butter and more salt. The 2 TB lavender called for was rather overpowering. I recommend 1 TB.
Lemon Lavender Cookies
(adapted from Have Cake, Will Travel)
1/2 c + 2 TB nondairy butter
3/4 c raw sugar
zest and juice of one lemon
1 TB lavender, dried
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sea salt
2 TB nondairy milk, as needed
Instructions1. Preheat oven to 350*. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Stir in lemon juice and zest, lavender, and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt.
4. Fold dry ingredients into wet. Add milk, as needed.
5. Scoop up 1 1/2 to 2 TB worth of dough. Roll into balls, then place on baking sheet. Flatten a little, as the cookies don’t spread a lot while baking.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. If you want chewier cookies, aim for 12 minutes. Wait 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen small cookies.
See also: Lemon Sesame Cookies.