Marinated Veggies and Tofu
5-8 cloves garlic
1 block tofu, pressed (if desired) and cubed
1 1/4 c water
1/2 c olive oil
1/4 c tamari
3 TB red wine vinegar
2 TB balsamic vinegar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp rosemary
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp marjoram
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp red pepper flakes
5 garlic-stuffed green olives, coarsely chopped
8 oz button mushrooms, quartered
1. Preheat oven to 425*F. Peel the eggplant and cut it in half lengthwise. Oil a baking sheet and place eggplant on in, flat sides down. Toss garlic cloves with oil and also place them on baking sheet. Roast for fifteen minutes.
2. While eggplant and garlic are roasting, combine marinade ingredients. Put cubed tofu in an oven-safe dish and pour about 1/3 of the marinade over it.
3. After the first fifteen minutes in the oven are up, take out the eggplant and garlic. Remove garlic, which should be golden brown, but put eggplant back in. Also put in the tofu at this point.
4. After fifteen more minutes are up, stir the tofu and put it back in the oven, but remove the eggplant. It should be cooked but still firm enough to cut into pieces. Cook the tofu for 30 more minutes, stirring at every 15-min interval (1 hour total--or until the marinade is all evaporated).
5. When the eggplant and garlic are cool enough to handle, chop the eggplant into large cubes (about 1-in). Place the eggplant, garlic, and mushrooms in a large container, and pour the rest of the marinade over them--it should be enough to cover them. Let sit over night. When the tofu is done, you can either keep it separate, or throw it in with the marinating veggies, depending on the texture you want. Makes more than enough for 2 pizzas!
Roasted Veggie and Tofu Pizza
1 item of pizza dough (I used Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough)
olive oil (I used an extra virgin olive oil infused with rosemary, chilies, and bay leaves)
a fuckload of fresh basil, chopped chiffonade-like
6 sundried tomatoes in oil, coarsely chopped
1/2 batch roasted marinated veggies and tofu (recipe above)
InstructionsPreheat oven according to instructions. Roll out pizza dough. Top with olive oil, basil, sundried tomatoes, and veggies and tofu. Bake according to instructions. Enjoy!